Australian who want to take a trip to Vietnam need a Vietnam Visa to enter. How about foreigners in Australia? This section will give you some information about Vietnam tourist visa in Australia.
Vietnam visa exemption
1/ This is list of countries that Vietnam Immigration allows their citizens to enter Vietnam without visa with detailed length of stay. Unfortunately, Australia isn’t in this list. Therefore, you still need visa to enter Vietnam. If you are not Australian citizens but you are living in Australia, please look up the table below to know whether your nationality is exempted or not.
2/ Besides, there are two cases that you can travel to Vietnam without Visa:
- APEC business travel card holders are exempt from the Vietnam visa for not more than 90 days.
- Travelers to Phu Quoc Island with round trip air ticket and staying on the island for 30 days or less are exempt from having Vietnam visa. A visa is required if going outside the island.
Visa exemption or visa-free access does not apply to Australia so they need to apply Vietnam tourist visa if they want to travel to this country. A visa allows a stay of up to 30 days. Passports must be valid for at least 6 months on the date of entry.
What is a Vietnam tourist visa in Australia?
Vietnam tourist visa for foreigners in general and Australian citizens, in particular, is a landmark service initiated by the Government of Vietnam so as to travel to Vietnam.
All of foreign visitors, especially Australian citizens who travel to Vietnam are required to hold a valid Vietnam tourist visa in Australia.
What to prepare when applying for Vietnam tourist visa in Australia?
You have to prepare the following documents before submitting your application for a Vietnam tourist visa in Australia:
- A completed visa application form
- Your original passport
- 2 passport-size photos (30mm width x 40mm height, in color, white background, taken within six months and without glass wears)
- Your flight booking
- Proof of payment for the visa fee (if you are using a courier service, or depositing the fee into the Embassy’s account at a bank)
- Proof of accommodation for the full stay
The time you can get your Vietnam visa depends on the method of processing time you choose. The Vietnam visa in Australia is valid for 30 days after arrival. Moreover, it is a single entry visa and allows for a maximum stay of 30 days.
Most countries issue visas through embassies, visa on arrival offices or electronic visa providers. The cost, processing time, requirements and types of visa issued vary. It is possible to stay longer than 30 days without leaving the country. You can do it by applying for a visa extension or getting a visa allowing a stay of more than 30 days.
If you plan to exit and re-enter the country numerous times, a multiple-entry visa will simplify matters. You can stay up to 30 days during each visit, and no minimum gap is required between visits.
Australian citizens transiting in Vietnam should consult with their airlines about the possibility of getting a transit visa, maximum transit time allowed and flight delay policies. If you are flying point to point on a budget airline without a transit visa, you will need a tourist visa to clear immigration upon arrival.
You can apply Vietnam Visa for Australian citizens by two ways: Apply Visa On Arrival and Apply via Vietnam Embassy in Australia.
Applying for Vietnam Visa at Vietnam Embassy in Australia
The traditional way that people always do from past to present is applying visa at Embassy. How to apply Vietnam visa in Australia? There are 4 steps you should do to apply for a Vietnam visa at the Vietnam Embassy in Australia:
- Visit the Embassy website, and download and fill in the form.
- Bring all required documents (see below).
- Bring cash to pay for stamping fee.
- Normally, after 5 working days, return to the Embassy to collect your visa.
- Process time: it depends on you and how fast you need your visa because, time will not be the same in many different cases. For a detailed answer, you should make a call to your agency or to Vietnam Embassy for details.
When applying visa directly at Embassy, you have to come there 2 times: one for obtaining and the last one for picking up.
Here is a list of Vietnam Embassy in Australia and many other Consulate/ Embassy in Australia. Depending on distance from there to your house, you can choose the one which is near you place.
Vietnam Embassy in Canberra, Australia
- Address: 6 Timbarra Crescent, OMalley, ACT, 2606, Australia
- Phone: (612) 6286 6059
- Fax: (612) 6286 4534
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Note: Working time: Monday – Friday, 9.00 AM – 5.00 PM. Australian public holidays are excepted
Consulate General of Vietnam in Sydney, Australia
- Address: Suite 205, level 2, Edgecliff Centre 203 – 233 New South Head Road, Edgecliff, NSW 2027
- Phone: (612) 9327 2539
- Fax: (612) 9328 1653
- Email: email@example.com
Vietnam Consulate in New South Wales, Australia
- Suite 205, Level 2, Edgecliff Centre
- 203-233 New South Head Road, Edgecliff, New South Wales 2027
- City: New South Wales
- Phone: (02) 9327 1912 / 9327 2539
- Fax: (02) 9328 1653
- Office Hours: Monday to Friday 9:00 AM – 12:30 PM 13:30 PM – 16:00 PM
Vietnam Consulate Perth
- Address: Vietnamese Consulate General in Perth, Australia – Level 8, 16 St Georges Terrace, Perth, WA 6000 – PO Box 3122, East Perth, WA 6892 – Australia
- Telephone:(+61) 8 9221 1158 – 8 9225 3642 – 8 9225 3645
- Fax:(+61) 8 9225 6881
- E-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org/ email@example.com
- Consul: Mr. Phung The Long – Consul General
- Office Hours: Monday to Friday 09:00-17:00
Process to apply online Vietnam Tourist visa in Australia
Since 1996, all Australian citizens coming to Vietnam can pick up visa at Vietnam international airports, this is also called Vietnam visa on Arrival. In fact, this convenient way is applicable for air travel only. In case you enter Vietnam by other transport, you need to apply for a full visa. The stamping fee must be paid in cash only (both Vietnam dong and USD) at any Vietnam International Airports.
You are not required documents and you can also book extra service accompanied to make your trip be more comfortable and flexible. Some available extra services are AIRPORT FAST-TRACK SERVICE & VIP, CAR PICK-UP, HOTEL RESERVATION, TOUR BOOKING or VIETNAM VISA EXTENSION…
How to get Vietnam visa in Australia? We wrote the whole steps in brief for you:
- Fill in apply Vietnam Visa form on website with your information such as full name, passport number, date of birth, gender, nationality, date of arrival, type of visa…
- Double check your information to make sure that all are correct, make a payment with a list of payment methods we accept and fill in the secure payment page for our visa service fee.
- Receive approval letter in working hours. We shall automatically process approval letter and give the result back to your contact’s email on the bookings as processing time.
Applying Vietnam visa on Arrival, you can get your Vietnam visa in Melbourne, Sydney, Perth, Cairns, Adelaide, Brisbane, Canberra or any cities in Australia. Let’s apply visa at visaonlinevietnam.com!
www.VisaOnlineVietnam.com is operated by VIETNAM VISA SERVICE., Co. LTD VIETNAM with more than 18-years of experience in visa service and 20-year in traveling arrangement. This website was set up to offer visa applicants the most convenient but cheapest services that meet the criteria of Quality, Safe and Secure; Reliability, Prompt Responses, Competitive Prices, and Customer-Focused Approach; save your time & money; Money-back guarantees for declined applications.
In case there are any question, please do not hesitate to contact us at
- Hotline: +84 968 18 77 18
- WhatsApp: +84 – 982 879718
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.