Traveling to others countries is a hobby of almost all people all over the world. Thanks to development of rule between nations, it it much more simple to get a visa than before. Canadian citizens need a visa to visit Vietnam. This section will give you some information about Vietnam tourist visa for Canadian citizens.
Vietnam is a wonderful destination with the sights of war in past, wooden sampans, floating markets, light of gold, fields of rice in new life. Once you touch this land, you will admire because of the marvelous nature. When going to any country, you need to apply for a visa, and Vietnam as well. Entering Vietnam with visiting purpose requires you to have Vietnam tourist visa. So what is Vietnam tourist visa and how can Canadian citizens to apply for it?
Vietnam visa exemption
1/ Vietnam also has exemption program, there are many countries whose nationals are permitted to enter Vietnam without a visa, but of course there has a limited period. This is list of countries that Vietnam Immigration allows their citizens to enter Vietnam without visa with detailed length of stay. Unfortunately, Canada isn’t in this list. Therefore, you still need visa to enter Vietnam.
|Areas||Countries||Term of residence|
|Asia||Singapore||less than 30 days|
|Thailand||less than 30 days|
|Malaysia||less than 30 days|
|Indonesia||less than 30 days|
|Laos||less than 30 days|
|Philippines||less than 21 days|
|Japan||less than 15 days|
|South Korea||less than 15 days|
|Cambodia||less than 30 days|
|Brunei||less than 14 days|
|Myanmar||less than 14 days|
|European||Sweden||less than 15 days|
|Finland||less than 15 days|
|Denmark||less than 15 days|
|Germany||less than 15 days|
|France||less than 15 days|
|United Kingdom||less than 15 days|
|Italy||less than 15 days|
|Spain||less than 15 days|
|Norway||less than 15 days|
2/ Besides, there are two cases that you can travel to Vietnam without Visa:
- APEC business travel card holders are exempt from Vietnam visa for not more than 90 days.
- Travelers to Phu Quoc Island with round trip air ticket and staying on the island for 30 days or less are exempt from having Vietnam visa. A visa is required if going outside the island.
Visa exemption or visa-free access does not apply to Canada so they need to apply Vietnam tourist visa if they want to travel to this country. A visa allows a stay of up to 30 days. Passports must be valid for at least 6 months on the date of entry. If your nationality is not in exemption list and you are required a Vietnam tourist visa, do not be worried. The process of getting a visa turns out to be simpler than you think, which lots of supports from visa agent.
What is Vietnam tourist visa for Canadian citizens?
Vietnam tourist visa for foreigners in general and Canadian citizens in particular is a landmark service initiated by the Government of Vietnam so as to travel to Vietnam.
All of foreign visitors, especially Canadian passport holders who travel to Vietnam are required to hold a valid Vietnam tourist visa for Canadian citizens.
How to get Vietnam tourist visa for Canadian citizens?
You have to prepare following documents before submitting your application for a Vietnam tourist visa Canadian citizens:
- Your passport with at least 6 months after arrival to Vietnam and minimum 01 empty page remaining.
- A Credit/Paypal account/Debit card
- Digital Passport Scan (main page)
- Digital ID/Passport image
The time you can get your Vietnam visa depends on the method of processing time you choose. The Vietnam visa applied via visavietnamonline.org or visaonlinevietnam.com is a single entry visa and allows for a maximum stay of 30 days.
If you plan to exit and re-enter the country numerous times, a multiple-entry visa will simplify matters. You can stay up to 30 days during each visit, and no minimum gap is required between visits.
Canadian citizens transiting in Vietnam should consult with their airlines about the possibility of getting a transit visa, maximum transit time allowed and flight delay policies. If you are flying point to point on a budget airline without a transit visa, you will need a tourist visa to clear immigration upon arrival.
Ports of entry that permit the use of a Vietnam tourist visa for Canadian citizens
- Noi Bai International Airport (Ha Noi)
- Cat Bi International Airport (Hai Phong)
- Da Nang International Airport
- Cam Ranh International Airport (Khanh Hoa)
- Tan Son Nhat International Airport (Ho Chi Minh City)
- Can Tho International Airport
- Phu Bai International Airport
- Phu Quoc International Airport
- Bo Y Landport
- Cha Lo Landport
- Cau Treo Landport
- Huu Nghi Landport
- Tinh Bien Landport
- Xa Mat Landport
- Lao Bao Landport
- Lao Cai Landport
- Moc Bai Landport
- Moc Bai Landport
- Nam Can Landport
- Ha Tien Landport
- Song Tien Landport
- Hai Phong Seaport
- Hon Gai Seaport
- Da Nang Seaport
- Quy Nhon Seaport
- Nha Trang Seaport
- Vung Tau Seaport
- Ho Chi Minh City Seaport
Simple steps to get Vietnam tourist visa for Canadian citizens
Foreigners in general and Canadian passport holders in particular can apply Vietnam visa on Arrival in Canada or any country, no matter where you are, because this type of visa can be applied online.
To apply for Vietnam tourist visa in Canada, you just need to follow 3 simple step below:
- STEP 1: FILLING OUT THE SECURE APPLY VIETNAM VISA FORM ONLINE with your information including Full name, Date of birth, Passport number, Nationality, Date of arrival, Vietnam visa length.
- STEP 2: GETTING THE CONFIRMATION AND PAYMENT REQUIREMENTS double check your information and make a payment with a list of payment methods we accept and fill in the secure payment page for our visa service fee.
- STEP 3: RECEIVING YOUR APPROVAL LETTER AND INSTRUCTIONS TO GET YOUR VISA STAMPED We shall automatically process approval letter and give the result back to your contact’s email on the bookings as processing time.
Applying Vietnam visa on Arrival, you can get your Vietnam visa in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Victoria, Halifax, Quebec, Calgary or any cities in Canada. Let’s apply visa at visaonlinevietnam.com!
www.VisaOnlineVietnam.com is operated by VIETNAM VISA SERVICE., Co. LTD VIETNAM with more than 18-years experience in visa service and 20-year in traveling arrangement. This website was set up to offer visa applicants the most convenient but cheapest services that meet the criteria of Quality, Safe and Secure; Reliability, Prompt Responses, Competitive Prices, and Customer-Focused Approach; save your time & money; Money back guarantees for declined applications.
Should you need any further information or have any problem with visa, contact us:
- Address: 1 Floor, 56 Nguyen Cu Trinh Street, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Phone: +84 839 20 24 26
- Hotline: +84 968 18 77 18 \ WhatsApp: +84 – 982 879718
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tollfree USA: 1866-278-6239
- Fanpage: https://www.facebook.com/visaonlinevietnamcom/