It is not difficult as in the past for foreigners to apply Vietnam visa, as you can obtain for it in many ways. Vietnam visa on arrival for Indian citizens is simple as well.
Vietnam’s rustic charm and stimulating history make you be smitten? Adrenaline-pumping activities made you be interested? Vietnam’s diverse kitchen make you be enchanted? Let’s going to Vietnam now, because the process to apply visa is easier. This Southeast Asian gem is a must-visit with every backpacker’s paradise, every couple’s romantic corner and every family’s playground.
Vietnam visa on arrival for Indian citizens requirements
Vietnam visa on arrival for Indian citizens is not difficult for you to apply, it is currently extended to citizens of 163 countries including India. For both valid visas to enter Vietnam for tourism and business purposes, you just need to meet the entry requirements:
- Have 6 months of validity remaining on the passport prior to date of travel. You must notice that, you might be denied boarding in case your passport is less than 6 months validity. If your passport has long validity but no empty page, the airport customs officer will grant a loose-leaf visa. However, we recommend the best way is: you should prepare a passport with at least 2 blank pages for visa stamp.
- Travel to Vietnam by air (visa on arrival is available at every international airport of Vietnam).
The maximum duration of stay on tourist visa is 3 months and maximum stay for business visa is 12 months. Please be aware that the visa becomes effective from travel date put in application form, not from date of application. Hence, you are advised to apply for the visa as soon as possible to avoid unexpected surprise at last minute.
Note: Indian passports are eligible to apply for tourist/business visa on arrival.
How to apply Vietnam visa on arrival for Indian citizens?
There are 2 ways to apply Vietnam visa and Indian nationals can choose one of the available methods below to apply for a visa to Vietnam:
Applying Vietnam Visa at your local embassy
This is the traditional way that Indian passport holders get familiar with. Please go to your nearest Vietnam Embassy to obtain Vietnam visa.
Vietnam General of Vietnam in Mumbai, India
Address: B-306 Oberoi Chamber New Link Road Andheri (w), Mumbai 400 053, India.
Phone: (9122) 2673 668| 6732339
Fax: (9122) 2673 663
Vietnam Embassy in New Delhi
Address: 20 Kautilya Marg, Chanakyapury, New Delhi – 110 021
Phone: (91-11) 2687 9852
Fax: (91-11) 2687 9869
Working hour: From Monday to Friday, 9:30am to 5:00pm.
Applications are accepted in the morning, from 10:30 to 12:30. From 4:00 to 5:00 is for Visa collection.
Vietnam Consulate in India website
To have contact information about Vietnam visa for Indian passport holders, please access the website Vietnam Embassy in India, it is provided for news and service purpose.
If you are currently living outside of India, you can you also contact the local embassy in the country where are residing.
Vietnam visa on arrival for Indian citizens
In 2017, Vietnam introduced a provision to obtain e-Visa for nationals of 46 countries, including India. This means you can get your Vietnam visa super quick and without any hassle.
Vietnam visa on Arrival (VOA) is a legal document approved by the Department of Immigration, by applying visa online via the official website of Vietnam Visa. To apply for it, you should let a visa agent apply for you and just need to wait for a short time, even you can get it in 30 minutes. How convenient it is!
To apply for Visa On Arrival, you just need to do these following 4 simple steps:
- Click Apply Vietnam Visa form to access in the website and fill in the required information.
- Double check your information and make payment (for service fee) via PayPal, credit card, Western Union or Bank transfer.
- Receive your approval letter (issued by the Vietnam Immigration Department) from our email within 1 working day (normal service) or within required time (often from 2 to 9 hours depending on how rush your visa is).
- When you arrive at a Vietnam International Airport, you have to present the approval letter, your passport, 2 passport photos (4×6 cm or 2×2 inches) and pay stamping fee to get your Vietnam visa.
Remember, when you apply for Visa on Arrival, some extra services are available when you apply online as AIRPORT FAST-TRACK SERVICE & VIP, CAR PICK-UP, HOTEL RESERVATION, TOUR BOOKING or VIETNAM VISA EXTENSION. With these services, your trip will be more comfortable and flexible.
Applying for Vietnam Visa via Visa Agent, you have to pay 2 types of fee:
– Service fee: This is the fee you pay us for arranging your approval letter.
– Stamping fee: This is the fee you pay in cash at your arrival airport to be granted a Vietnam visa.
How long will it take to process your Vietnam visa application?
The approval letter will be processed and emailed to you within two business days (excluding Saturday, Sunday, and national or international holidays).
Do you need your Vietnam visa urgently? Don’t worry because there is a service called emergency, that means you can get your visa processed within 30 minutes; 4 to 8 hours; 1 business day, of course the costs you have to pay are higher.
How much to pay for Vietnam visa on arrival for Indian citizens?
Depending on what type of Vietnam visa you apply, the period you want to stay in Vietnam that Visa fees are different. Vietnam visa fees will help you to know, but do not forget to choose your nationality before clicking “Submit”.