Under new Vietnam immigration regulations, Hong Kong citizens or foreigners in Hong Kong can apply Vietnam visa on arrival on the internet with Vietnam Immigration Department. However, there also has exemption: some nationalities in Vietnam visa exemption list whose citizens can enter Vietnam without a visa. What are Vietnam visa requirements in Hong Kong?
Does a Hong Kong citizen need a visa for entering Vietnam?
Like any other citizen of the world, a Hong Kong citizen is required to get a visa to enter Vietnam.
Vietnam has an exemption list that some country do not need a visa to enter. If you are not Hong Kong citizen, please look up the list below to know whether your nationality is required to apply a Vietnam visa or not.
List of countries exempt from the visa to enter Vietnam
Applying Vietnam visa on arrival or another name is Vietnam e-visa is fast and convenience. People do not need travelling around finding offices to hand their documentation, they do not worry about getting stuck in the traffic congestions, they also do not worry about public holidays or out of time, they do not even have to get a day off for applying their visa. Everything can be done online in about 5 minutes with an internet connection and an email address.
Vietnam Immigration Department is the second government organization department that authorizes issuing Vietnam visa on arrival since 2003. Applying Vietnam evisa people need:
- A valid passport with at least 1 month left
- An empty page in your passport for your visa to be pasted in
- 2 passport photos size (these photos and the passport will be handed in at the airport where you will arrive)
- Online payment tools (example: credit cards like visa or master card, PayPal, see more at the payment methods)
- USA cash pay for the visa fees at the airport
Applying for Vietnam visa via Embassy/ Consulate in Hong Kong
You can come in a person to nearest Vietnam Embassy or Consulate in Hong Kong during working hours to apply for your visa, it usually takes you at least 3 working days to get your Vietnam visa.
For your convenience, we would like to give you the contact information of the Vietnam Consulate in Hong Kong as below:
- Address: 15/F, Great Smart Tower, 230 Wan Chai Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong, China
- Phone: (852) 2591 4517 / 2591 4510
- Fax: (852) 2591 4524 / 2591 4539
- Email: email@example.com
Vietnam visa on Arrival
Vietnam visa on Arrival (VOA) is a legal document approved by the Department of Immigration, by applying visa online via the official website of Vietnam Visa. To apply for it, you should let a visa agent apply for you and just need to wait for a short time, even you can get it in 30 minutes. How convenient it is!
The visa agent will send the visa approval letter to your email then you print a copy of it to show for boarding and picking up your visa at the airport where you landing.
On arrival to Vietnam at the international airports, you will see an office for issuing visa on arrival located in front of the passport control counters, go there & hand over: your passport (or documents valid for traveling) + your visa approval letter + your Vietnamese Visa Application Form then wait to be called to pay for stamping fee and get back your passport with visa inside.
Apply online to obtain an approval letter to pick up your Vietnam visa at Vietnam international airports (in case you travel by air to Vietnam) or to collect your Vietnam visa at any Vietnam Embassy / Consulate nominated by you.
Regarding apply online to obtain a visa approval letter to pick up visa at a Vietnam international airport, there are 3 options based on the purpose of your visit:
- Vietnam visa for business purpose (Vietnam business visa) with validity for 1 month, 3 months or 6 months, 1 year.
- Vietnam visa for tourist purposes with validity for 1 month only.
- Vietnam visa for transit purpose with validity less than 5 days then visa holders must depart to a third country after 5 days in Vietnam at maximum. You will be granted a transit visa on the condition that you travel by tour and the group must have a clear schedule and indemnify of a travel agency that organizes the tour.
If you still can’t receive any approval letter within the required time, please let the visa agent know immediately via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Regarding apply online to get approval letter for picking up your visa at a Vietnam embassy nominated by you, there are 2 options for your Vietnam visa based on the purpose of your visit:
- Vietnam visa for business purpose with validity for 1 month, 3 months or 6 months.
- Vietnam visa for tourist purposes with validity for 1 month only.
If you want to apply for Vietnam visa on Arrival or Business Vietnam visa, you can get your Vietnam visa in Kowloon, Tsuen Wan, Yuen Long, Islands, Sha Tin, Tuen Mun, Tai Po or any cities in Hong Kong. Let’s apply visa at visaonlinevietnam.com!
Vietnam Visa Requirements in Hong Kong: Work permit
Hong Kong citizens are now in Vietnam for working purposes so much. You know, if Hong Kong passport holders want to work in Vietnam in a long time, they can not apply for tourism Vietnam Visa, they need Visa to work, this is also permission that allows them to work in Vietnam.
About Vietnam visa requirements for foreigners in Hong Kong for Work Permit, there are something to be noted:
- Person who does not have a Company in Vietnam agreed to guarantee, please let Visa Agent know so they can handle trade visa instead.
- Dossier set submitted to apply for Visa is irrevocable so at that time travelers must still pay fee as normal
- In case Visa cannot be obtained by visa agent’s fault, they will redo or correct free of charge or refund as required by passenger
- When obtaining Visa, applicants can travel by air or road or waterway from England or from other countries to Vietnam.
Provisions of the Government of Vietnam published that foreigners in general and Hong Kong citizens, in particular, are only allowed to stay in Vietnam for a limited period. This is one of Vietnam visa requirements in Hong Kong as well: extension for Vietnam visa. In case the passenger has visa expired without further extension, they will be punished due to overdue visa, can be deported from Vietnam and listed on the entry blacklist.
We heartily inform you that when you enter Vietnam Tan Son Nhat border gate in Ho Chi Minh City, Moc Bai border gate Tay Ninh Province, you will easily extend your visa and save cost than Noi Bai border gate in Hanoi or Da Nang and Nha Trang.
The 3 basic Vietnam Visa extension are trade visa, tourism visa, and work visa. Vietnam visa requirements in Hong Kong and Procedures are different.
www.VisaOnlineVietnam.com is operated by VIETNAM VISA SERVICE., Co. LTD VIETNAM with more than 18-years experience in visa service and 20-year in traveling arrangement. This website was set up to offer visa applicants the most convenient but cheapest services that meet the criteria of Quality, Safe and Secure; Reliability, Prompt Responses, Competitive Prices, and Customer-Focused Approach; save your time & money; Money-back guarantees for declined applications.
In case there are any question, please do not hesitate to contact us at
- Hotline: +84 968 18 77 18
- WhatsApp: +84 – 982 879718
- Email: email@example.com
- Fanpage: https://www.facebook.com/visaonlinevietnamcom